Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A is for AGAIN?????

April 1, 2015
Day 1


The 2015 A to Z Blogging Challenge
Many Sundry Things

A is for AGAIN???
* * * *

Five years. This is the fifth year in a row I've participated in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.

I must have lost my freakin’ mind to take this on AGAIN!

The first year, way back in 2011, I heard about the challenge at proverbial eleventh hour. I thought it would be fun and it was. Every evening I picked a topic for the next day and wrote a blog. I did it. I kept up and got all thirty done on time but my work, the actual writing of the romance story, suffered greatly.

Year II was better organized. I had a theme, “The Writing Life.” I’m a writer so it was a natural to write about what I do.

Year III was “All About the Books.” Pretty self-explanatory. Quite a few bloggers use the A to Z to highlight what they do. And why shouldn’t they? I’m a writer. It’s who I am. I work a full-time job as an administrative assistant but that’s not who I am. That’s just my day job. I’ve read some grumbles about people who promote something during the challenge, but the entire thing is a Promotion of Self. Let’s be honest when we can’t live and let live.

Then came Year IV and “A Rural Life.” I took a trip down memory lane. It was nice, but once again my writing got derailed. My conclusion was I didn’t start the planning phase soon enough and if I couldn’t plan out Year V well in advance, it would be better to not participate.

But here I am. AGAIN.

Welcome to my fifth year as part of the A to Z Blogging Challenge and “Many Sundry Things.”

_*_*_*_

Once again this year I have to do a little book promo along the way. You won’t know about my
books if I don’t tell you about them, right?

A is for Austin Michaels from the book Taming Triton.

Austin Michaels accepts his brother’s standing invitation for a Caribbean vacation at his island resort. Some time in the sun is just what he needs to map out a plan for his future. Maybe he’ll even meet a hot guy to have a little vacation fling with, as long as the man can keep things fun.

Steve Guthrie’s secret longings have haunted him all his life. It’s time to face his questions and find the truth of who he really is. His love of the sea prompts him to take a vacation at a Caribbean hide-a-way for relaxation and reflection that develops into a rowdy romp with a handsome tattooed stranger. 

Now Steve’s the student in a high-stakes class of one, and to pass, he has to tame his very own Triton.

Taming Triton is available at Amazon.

KC Kendricks
http://www.kckendricks.com
www.twitter.com/kckendricks
http://facebook.com/kckendricks

13 comments:

Brenda said...

Happy a-z...ing!

Joelle Casteel said...

Love it! I did "a is for author" as I couldn't figure out how to get anal into the section I was sharing for the other regular hop I do on Wednesdays. Lovely to read your themes; I agree, I can't imagine not having a planned out theme and still getting my writing done. Love the book you promo'd too- very interesting premise.

Christiane France - Author said...

What Brenda said :)

KC Kendricks said...

Hi Brenda, Joelle and Chris! Thanks for stopping by the blog :)

I remember thinking I must be nuts to do the challenge again and then I knew that was the A word.

Pearson Report said...

Hi KC - congrats on this being your 5th year. WOW

I liked today's topic - Again! I smiled thinking the same thing.

Have fun during this A to Z - I'll be back to see what comes next.

Jenny, Pearson Report
2015 A to Z Challenge Ambassador
@PearsonReport

Helen Hollick said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is barmy... this is my first A-Z enjoying it so far! Interesting theme, thanks for sharing - I'm A-Z Blogger number 596 Leaning On The Gate

Unknown said...

I told myself last year that I couldn't do A to Z again and here I am on my forth. I did take it down a notch to one blog rather than 2.
Sounds like some edgy romance and challenge.
Wishing you a great a to z
moondustwriter

Sylvia Ney said...

Congratulations on five years! This is a great way to start this challenge!

KC Kendricks said...

Thanks for stopping by Between the Keys. Just think - only 25 more posts to go :)

Book Dragon said...

I wasn't going to do it this year but once again, here I am.

I already have a T book but I may change my mind ;-) I'll put it on my wish list just in case

Gina, #1390 now, blogging at Book Dragon's Lair

KC Kendricks said...

Thanks for stopping by, Gina :)

Molly said...

This is my 1st year of doing the A - Z challenge... I am sure it will drive me bonkers but I am a sucker for a challenge

Mollyxxx

KC Kendricks said...

Hi Molly! Best of luck with the A to Z. I've enjoyed it each year, especially when I get to Z :)